"We" shall mean John Findlay, of 6/2 Powderhall Rigg, Edinburgh, trading as Learn Edinburgh, Online Taxi School or www.learnedinburgh.co.uk or www.learnedinburgh.com
The terms of this agreement shall be governed by the Law of Scotland irrespective of the country from which you access or use the service provided by us and you are deemed to have submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland to resolve any disputes which may arise hereunder
Terms of Service
- These Terms represent the entire agreement between us and you and supersede and replace all and any previous terms, conditions, agreements and arrangements in respect of your use of the service provided by us.
- We may amend these Terms at any time at our discretion. If these Terms are amended, we shall display the revised terms and conditions on or via the website and you will be deemed to have accepted any amendments if you continue using our service after the amendments are displayed.
- These Terms are personal to you. You shall not be entitled to assign these Terms in whole or in part to any third party without our prior written consent. A person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no right to enforce any provision of these Terms.
- If you do not accept all of these Terms then you should not use our service.
- In return for the advertised payment to us we shall provide access to the service advertised on our website, www.learnedinburgh.co.uk , via the internet or world wide web which will allow the use of digital flashcards, prepared by us, relating to the topography of the City of Edinburgh for study/learning purposes.
- In the event that we are unable or unwilling to continue to provide the service advertised on our website, for whatever reason, AND you have prepaid for the use of our service for a chosen period THEN we shall EITHER refund you with a pro rata sum relating to the period during which our service is unavailable OR, upon resumption of our service, provide you with a time credit allowing you to use the service for a period which is equivalent to or greater than the period during which our service was unavailable. The decision to refund or provide a time credit shall be at our absolute discretion and shall be without incurring any further liability to you whatsoever.
- We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to discontinue the service advertised on our website and immediately terminate any agreement with you under these Terms at any time upon notice to you and/or, if you have a log-in account, by cancelling your membership and your access to your account.
- We may suspend your use of our service without notice at any time, without incurring any liability to you whatsoever.
- You accept that due to the nature of learning and/or the study process we can provide no guarantee whatsoever as to the success or otherwise of any users of our service in any examination or test which they might take following upon use of our service. We shall not be liable for any failure of any of our users in any such examination or test nor shall we be required to make any refund of any sums paid to us by reason of lack of progress by the user of any of our services.
- Whilst we shall use our best endeavours to ensure the accuracy of all the information provided we accept no reasonability whatsoever for any inaccuracies
- Registration is required to access some of our services. In order to sign up for these services you must provide true, complete and up-to-date registration information about yourself and have legal capacity to enter into contracts.
- You shall be responsible for payment to us of the sum advertised on our website for the use of our service for the period chosen by you. In the event of your failure to do so timeously, whether it be through your own fault of that of a third party, such as our payment provider, or otherwise, we shall immediately be entitled, without notice, to terminate or suspend your use of the service provided by us. You shall remain liable for payment to us of the sum advertised for the period chosen by you.
- Use of our service requires access to the internet or world wide web. You shall be responsible for providing your own access to the internet or the world wide web. We shall not be responsible for any interruption in internet access provided to you by third parties.
- Use of our service requires a log-in account and password. You agree that you shall be responsible for keeping those password and log-in details confidential and secure and shall not permit any third parties to use same. If you become aware, or suspect for any reason, that the security of your log-in details has been compromised, please let us know as soon as possible. You understand and agree that we may track, through the use of special software, each users entry to our service to ensure compliance with these terms.
- Only one user is permitted per login and membership account and such user must be a natural person as defined by the Law of Scotland (not a company or partnership, for example). In the event that we establish or suspect that a third party or more than one user is using your login details and password to access our service then we may, in our absolute discretion, immediately terminate or suspend any agreement with you at any time and/or, if you have a log-in account, cancel your membership and your access to our service. You and any other third party shall be jointly and severally liable for any loss occasioned to us as a result of the misuse or abuse of your login and password details.
The content of our website and study app is governed by copyright law. You are strictly prohibited from modifying, translating, decompiling, creating derivative work(s) of, copying, distributing, disassembling, broadcasting, transmitting, publishing, removing or altering any of the content provided by our service.
Fees already paid to us by you are NOT refundable if you request to cancel or terminate your membership before the expiry of the term of the agreed period of use.